Gimmie Java!

The HT Guys love their Starbucks. If you want to say thanks, a cup of joe will do just fine! Starbucks-Donate

Watch the Videos

 

YouTube
 
Twitter
Categories
Friday
May032019

Podcast #894: USB 4.0


The USB Promoter group recently announced that the latest specification (4.0) will be released towards the latter part of the year which means USB 4.0 devices should be available at sometime in early 2021. Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect.

Download this Episode.

Support the show with Patreon!

Listen to the show

Today's Show:

News:

Other:

USB 4.0

The USB Promoter group recently announced that the latest specification (4.0) will be released towards the latter part of the year which means USB 4.0 devices should be available at sometime in early 2021. Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect.

Main Benefits

  • 40 Gbps - By using two-lane cables some devices will achieve speeds up to 40 Gbps. Speeds of 10 and 20 Gbps will be considered low speed and will more than likely be used by smaller less expensive devices like cell phones and chromebooks.

  • Compatibility with Thunderbolt 3 devices - Some USB 4.0 devices will also work with Thunderbolt 3 devices.

  • Better Resource Allocation for Video - If you are using your USB 4.0 port for both video and data simultaneously the port will allocate bandwidth as needed. So if you are watching a video and copying files and the video is only using 10% of the available bandwidth the port will allocate the remaining 90% to data transfer. This mix will be adjusted on the fly as the video demands increase or decrease.

USB 4.0 will use the Type-C connectors and will be backwards compatible with older specifications.

 

Download Episode #894

Reader Comments (1)

The Huawei TV sounds good and all but US consumers will not be able to purchase this TV for a good long time if ever.

May 16, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterNorko Kipte

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>